Alfama River IV
Detailed descriptionThe ALFAMA RIVER IV APARTMENT is a two-bedroom apartment in Alfama, Lisbon's old-town district
- beautifully restored, rustic decor with original wooden beams and traditional azulejos (typical Portuguese blue tiles)
- 2 bedrooms (each bedroom with double bed)
- 1 double sofa-bed in living room
- free Internet (both wi-fi and cable) and cable TV channels
- large French windows with views to the streets of Alfama
- central location just 200 metres from Santa Apolonia Underground & Train stations
- Total Area: 68 m2 (730 square feet)
- : This is a non-smoking apartment
This flat is a truly beautiful 1st floor apartment in a recently renovated traditional building in Alfama. Floors 2 to 4 area also available for short-term rentals, meaning that several apartments may be rented together if you have a large group. The building is located 2 minutes walk from the Santa Apolonia Metro & Train Station right next to the traditional Alfama district. This apartment has 2 bedrooms plus a sofa-bed in the living room, meaning that it can sleep up to 6 guests.
VIDEO OF THE APARTMENT
Facility descriptionThis apartment contains the following:
- 2 bedrooms, each one with comfortable double bed
- Beautifully restored light-filled living room with rustic wooden beams and traditional azulejo tiles
- Comfortable double sofa-bed in living room
- Full-length French windows with views of the traditional Alfama street
- 1 fully-equipped kitchen
- 1 bathroom with shower
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi Internet access
- Portable radiators during winter months
- Air-conditioning for the hot summer months
- All bed-linen and towels provided
- Spacious, light-filled living room:
- 1 large & comfortable pull-out double sofa-bed
- flat-screen television with cable TV
- free wi-fi Internet connection (Ethernet cable also available)
- 2 large full-length windows for abundant natural light
- 2 bedrooms sleeping 2 guests in each:
- 1 double bed in main bedroom, and 1 double bed in secondary bedroom
- all bed-linen & towels provided
- cooling fans for Summer
- portable radiators for Winter
- The kitchen in this apartment is fully equipped with:
- washing machine
- oven and ceramic hob
- Moka espresso coffee maker
- plates, cups, knives & forks, pots, pans, kitchen utensils
- storage cupboards
- stand-up shower cubicle
- WC and bidet
- towels, hand-soap, shower gel & toilet rolls provided
Location and SurroundingsThe apartment is located next to the Old Town district of Alfama, and just round the corner from the Santa Apolonia Metro & Train station.
In the Santa Apolonia station there is a "Pingo Doce" supermarket and just opposite the station there is chemist's (pharmacy). On the opposite side of the main road, next to the river, there is a large open-air carpark which charges just 4.95 euros per day.
This area has plenty of cafeterias, bars, traditional Fado restaurants, as well as the small village-type shops typical of Alfama.The area is also very convenient for sight-seeing: you can easily walk to the central Praça do Comercio square in about 15 minutes, and the wonderful "miradouros" (viewpoints) of Alfama, like the Portas do Sol, and Miradouro Santa Luzia are just a 10 minute walk away. The majestic Panteão Nacional (National Pantheon) - where the famous Fado singer Amalia Rodrigues is buried - is just round the corner.
NOTE: This is a 1st floor apartment in an old traditional area of central Lisbon, where the buildings don't have lifts/elevators. Although you only have to climb a few stairs, we advise that it is not suitable for wheelchair users or guests with mobility problems.
Additional information- This is a non-smoking apartment and no pets are allowed.
- There is a 150 euros damage deposit, which will be refunded in full as long as no damage is done to the apartments (this amount will be increased to 250 euros for stays of longer than 4 weeks, and to 600 euros for stays of more than 2 months)
- Standard check-in from 3pm (15h00) and check-out before 12pm (12h00); however, you can almost always leave your bags, or if there are no other guests arriving/departing on the same day we will do our best to arrange an earlier check-in or later check-out at no extra cost, please just ask.
- Surcharge for late check-in after 10pm (22h00): 25 euros, but there is no additional cleaning fee.
- There is no lift or elevator in the building, making accessibility very difficult for wheelchair users, the physically impaired or those with mobility problems. Please note that in the historic centre of Lisbon, there are virtually no residential buildings with lifts. In Alfama it is practically impossible. Only the very new buildings in the historic centre of Lisbon have lifts, and normally these new buildings don't have apartments for tourists.