Alfama River III
Detailed descriptionThe ALFAMA RIVER III APARTMENT is a 2-bedroom light-filled 2nd floor apartment in Alfama, Lisbon's old-town district.
Main features: - air-conditioning
- 2 bedrooms (each bedroom with double bed)
- 1 double sofa-bed in living room
- free Internet (both wi-fi and cable) and cable TV channels
- large French windows with views to the streets of Alfama and towards the river
- central location close to major transport facilities
- Total Area: 68 m2 (730 square feet)
- NOTE: This is a non-smoking apartment
This flat is a 2nd floor apartment, and we own and rent the other floors of the same building too, meaning that several apartments may be rented together if you have a large group. The building is located right next to the traditional Alfama district, and is literally just 2 minutes walk from the Santa Apolonia Metro & Train Station. This apartment has 2 bedrooms plus a sofa-bed in the living room, meaning that it can sleep up to 6 guests.
This apartment is located in a newly renovated building with 3 other properties. These apartments can all be rented together for large groups or families. The 4 apartments together can provide accommodation for up to 22 guests and are as follows:
- Alfama River I (fourth-floor air-conditioned 1 bedroom apartment with river views, for 4 guests)
- Alfama River II (third-floor air-conditioned 2 bedroom apartment with river views, for 6 guests)
- Alfama River III (second-floor air-conditioned 2 bedroom apartment, for 6 guests)
- Alfama River IV (1st-floor Air-conditioned 2 bedroom apartment, for 6 guests)
VIDEO OF THE APARTMENT
(taken before we installed air-conditioning)
- 2 bedrooms, each one with double bed
- Spacious and light-filled living room with double sofa-bed
- Full-length French windows with views of the traditional Alfama street
- 1 fully-equipped kitchen
- 1 bathroom with shower
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi Internet access
- Portable radiators during winter months
- Air-conditioning for the hot summer months
- All bed-linen and towels provided
- 1 large & comfortable pull-out double sofa-bed
- flat-screen television with cable TV
- free wi-fi Internet connection (Ethernet cable also available)
- 2 large full-length windows with good views
- 2 bedrooms sleeping 2 guests in each
- 1 double bed in main bedroom, and 1 double bed in secondary bedroom
- all bed-linen & towels provided
- portable cooling fans for Summer
- portable radiators for Winter
- bright & rooms with windows.
- washing machine
- oven and ceramic hob
- Moka espresso coffee maker
- plates, cups, knives & forks, pots, pans, kitchen utensils
- storage cupboards
- 2 washbasins, each with mirror
- entrance from one bedroom & also near 2nd bedroom
- large stand-up shower cubicle
- WC and bidet
- towels, hand-soap, shower gel & toilet rolls provided
Location and SurroundingsThe apartment is located next to the Old Town district of Alfama, and just round the corner from the Santa Apolonia Metro & Train station.
This area has plenty of cafeterias, bars, traditional Fado restaurants, as well as the small village-type shops typical of Alfama.
In the Santa Apolonia station there is a "Pingo Doce" supermarket and just opposite the station there is a chemist's (pharmacy).
On the opposite side of the main road, next to the river, there is a large open-air carpark which charges just 4.95 euros per day.
The area is convenient for sight-seeing: you can easily walk to the central Praça do Comercio square in about 15 minutes, and the wonderful "miradouros" (viewpoints) of Alfama, like the Portas do Sol, and Miradouro Santa Luzia are just a 10 minute walk away. The majestic Panteão Nacional (National Pantheon) - where the famous Fado singer Amalia Rodrigues is buried - is just round the corner.
NOTE: This is a 2nd floor apartment in an old traditional area of central Lisbon, where the buildings don't have lifts/elevators and is therefore not suitable for wheelchair users or guests with mobility problems.
Additional information- This is a non-smoking apartment and no pets are allowed.
- There is a 150 euros damage deposit, which will be refunded in full as long as no damage is done to the apartments (this amount will be increased to 250 euros for stays of longer than 4 weeks, and to 600 euros for stays of more than 2 months)
- Standard check-in from 3pm (15h00) and check-out before 12pm (12h00); however, you can almost always leave your bags, or if there are no other guests arriving/departing on the same day we will do our best to arrange an earlier check-in or later check-out at no extra cost, please just ask.
- Surcharge for late check-in after 10pm (22h00): 25 euros, but there is no additional cleaning fee.
- There is no lift or elevator in the building, making accessibility very difficult for wheelchair users, the physically impaired or those with mobility problems. Please note that in the historic centre of Lisbon, there are virtually no residential buildings with lifts. In Alfama it is practically impossible. Only the very new buildings in the historic centre of Lisbon have lifts, and normally these new buildings don't have apartments for tourists.